Monday 10 October 2016

FIRST WEEK

GOOD EVENING EVERYONE!



On the first week of class, I was so nervous and  have no idea what exactly I will learn in this cellular and developmental biology subject because I never learn the subject before. Lecturer that would teach me throughout these 7 weeks is PM Dr. Parameswari Namasivayam. At first I was expecting this subject will only learn about structure and function of animal and plant cell in more details and how it going to adapt with the environment. After some briefing by Dr. Parameswari, I had change my thought on this subject. Apparently, it encompasses the principle of biology and comparison of various cell types in term of physiology and genome organisation and so on.

Yes! It is a beginning of a new experience for me.

On the same day, I was given a task to watch a video with a title, Selection In Action. The video quite long and it took about 1 hour to finish. Then, I take an initiative to watch it 20 minutes per day, since I got very slow internet connection. In the same time, I was told to complete 2 activity which are Darwin’s Observation. Which it requires a referral from the video. It teaches me to be a sensitive listener and chalk down every important information that I got.

Darwin’s observation is all about what he observe on variation among island species, which species could adapt to their environment and some fossil and geologic evidence. I cannot deny that all of his theory is reasonable and have evidence. One of his theory that caught my attention is he proposed that evolution occ
order for us to survive we need convenient place to live at if not we are unable to get source of food and shelter. There is one video that help me to understand more about Darwin's observation. 



Lastly, how giraffe got a very long neck?

Well, it is all about random mutation make them favourable to the environment.

 Until the next post! Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment